Miami, AZ Fumes Kill Two, Nov 1971
MIAMI PLANT FUMES KILL 2.
Miami (AP ) -- Two men died today and five others were hospitalized as a result of apparent hydrogen sulfide gas poisoning at the concentrator plant of the Inspiration Consolidated Copper Co.
The dead men were identified as:
DON BROUGH, 42, Claypool, a fill foreman.
RICHARD MARTINEZ, 32, Miami, also an employe at the plant.
Authorities believed that the gas came from an overheated thermo-couple, although that was only a preliminary speculation.
Of the other five men hospitalized, one, identified as DANIEL MATHEWS, 30, of the Globe-Miami area, was reported in serious condition.
Mine inspectors were at the plant investigating the accident.
Arizona Daily Sun Flagstaff 1971-11-12