Valdosta, GA Shanty Fire, Jan 1889

Fire in Va’dosta.

Valdosta, Ga., January 28. – [Special.] – A fire was discovered in a small shanty, close in the rear of Stuart’s hotel, at 2 o’clock this morning. The alarm was quickly responded to, but the shanty was burned. Hard work by the department saved the fire from spreading. A drummer, named SMITH, fell from the second story of the hotel during the fire, and is laid up for repairs. His ankle is sprained. The destruction of the house is complete. The loss about $100.

The Atlanta Constitution, Atlanta, GA 29 Jan 1889