Osgood, IN Workers Overcome by Fumes, June 1988

Madison Courier newspaper, Madison, IN
Wednesday 15 June 1988; Indiana News, Page 2
Around Indiana, Columns 3 & 4

OSGOOD, IN - Authorities say hydrogen sulfide fumes apparently killed two egg company employees as they cleaned the inside of a tanker truck.

Danny GILLAND, 42, and Ira Michael TURNER, 32, both of Osgood, IN, died Tuesday at Vine Egg Company, here, police said. The two were using a soap and water solution to clean a truck used to haul inedible eggs.

Both apparently were overcome with hydrogen sulfide fumes or suffered from an inadequate air supply caused by the buildup of the fumes, police said.

Hydrogen sulfide is a poisonous gas that can be found in the putrefaction of animal matter.

Denny T. Gilland
Find A Grave Memorial# 103681338

Ira Michael Turner
Find A Grave Memorial# 91608313