Fort Wayne, IN Niemann Home Gas Explosion, Sept 1895

GAS EXPLOSION.

Mrs. Gottlieb Niemann Has a Narrow Escape.

Last evening, while getting supper at her home, 68 Breckenridge street, Mrs. Gottlieb Niemann had a narrow escape from bring injured by an explosion in a gas stove. She had a small gas stove on top of her cook stove and had intended on cooking on that. She turned on the gas in the upper stove, but forgetting herself for the time being, applied the lighted match to the lower stove, and soon the escaped gas ignited and an explosion occurred Both stoves were badly smashed and the cooking utensils were scattered about the kitchen, but Mrs. Niemann escaped injury.

The Fort Wayne Sentinel, Fort Wayne, IN 9 Sept 1895