London, KY Baby Drank Carbolic Acid, Sept 1917

The London Sentinel newspaper, London, KY
Thursday 6 September 1917; Page 2, Column 3

Sad Death

On last Thursday, while Mr. and Mrs. L. K. Barnett were out in the garden for a short time, their little three and a half months old son, Henry, whom they had left in the hall in its cradle, is supposed to have been fretting when its little 20 months old sister who had been accustomed to see it fed out of a nurse bottle, secured a bottle which contained carbolic acid, and poured the contents down the baby's throat, burning its throat and mouth terribly and paralyzing its tongue.

Medical aid was quickly summoned, but nothing could save the baby's life and it died Friday, its little body was laid to rest Saturday afternoon in the Slate Hill graveyard. The bereaved family have the sympathy of the entire community.

Henry Barnett
Find A Grave Memorial# 131915866