Cambridge, MA Gas Tank Explosion, Sept 1911

Boy May Die From Burns

Lighting a match to find the stopper of a backyard gasoline tank nearly cost Charles Durgin, 12, of 171 Sherman street, Cambridge, his life last night. He was saved from burning to death by William Danehy of 75 Sargent street, who grabbed the boy and running into the house with him in his arms, pulled a blanket from a bed and smothered the fire. The boy was sent to the Cambridge Hospital where his name is on the dangerous list and his recovery is doubtful.

The Boston Journal, Boston, MA 4 Sept 1911