Cummington, MA Reed House Fire, May 1858

FIRE IN CUMMINGTON.----The house of Mr. Jesse Reed on Cummington Hill was burned to the ground on Tuesday morning. The fire was discovered at about three o'clock breaking out near the chimney, from which it is supposed to have caught. The house was a fine one, built of stone, and just refitted throughout, preparatory to the approaching marriage of a son of Mr. Reed. Loss $15,000, insured for $600, at the Hampden office in Springfield.

The Berkshire County Eagle, Pittsfield, Berkshire, MA 21 May 1858