Dearborn, MI House Fire, Jan 1996

Dearborn MI January 11 1996, 125 Highland , 6;50 am. Francesco Giorgi age 56 attempted to rescue his son Frank Giorgi age 16 from a house fire. Fire Marshal Rick Polcyn stated the fire was caused by a natural gas heater in the family room, when combustible materials caught fire. Smoke detectors in the home had no batteries. Captain Michael Furlong stated the house was engulfed on arrival of fire fighters. Fire Fighters Ron Guntner found Frank on the second floor with 95 % burns on his body Fire Fighters performed CPR to revive him as he was transported to Oakwood he passed away hours later, His father was transported with burns and cuts.