Skip to Content

Duluth, MN house fires, June 1908


Burning grease caused damage to the amount of about $400 early yesterday morning. G. W. McLyman, 420 North Fifty-eighth avenue west, awoke at the call of fire, and when he rushed out doors,he found the rear of his kitchen ablaze.

He called the department and they had little difficulty in getting the blaze under control.

The McLyman home was damaged about $300, and the adjoining property suffered a loss of about $100. McLyman had just built the fire for breakfast when the cry was sent up. It is thought that some grease which was on the stove was the cause of it.

The Duluth News-Tribune, Duluth, MN 27 Jun 1908

article | by Dr. Radut