Buffalo, NY Hotel Statler Fire, Jan 1911

Hotel Statler, 1909 photo from familyoldphotos.com Hotel Statler, photo from familyoldphotos.com Hotel Statler, 1910s photo from familyoldphotos.com

HOTEL FIRE CAUSE OF PANIC

BLAZE IN HOSTELRY CREATES EXCITEMENT - GUESTS INJURED IN PANIC

By United Press

Buffalo, N. Y., Jan. 17. - A fire in the Hotel Statler caused a panic among the guests. L. W. Loesser of Kalamazoo, Mich., jumped from a third story window and was badly hurt; H. W. Smith of Holyoke, Mass., and J. W. Wintler of Chicago were overcome by smoke, and the women of the Seven Days' Theatrical company had to be carried down ladders by the firemen.

The Aberdeen Daily News, Aberdeen, SD, 17 Jan 1911