123

New London, OH Business Block Fire, Jan 1929

$70,000 Fire in New London

NEW LONDON, O., Jan. 4. -- (AP) -- Loss estimated at $70,000 was caused when fire destroyed a business block here today and for a time mennced [sic] the entire business section. Flames started from an overheated stove in the second story of the building. The garage of J. Thomas was destroyed at a loss of $50,000, a number of new automobiles were saved. Four other business concerns and the lodge rooms of the I. O. O. F. were damaged by fire and water. The Norwalk fire department extinguished the flames.

Portsmouth Daily Times, Portsmouth, OH 4 Jan 1929

123