Cincinnati, OH Gasoline Explosion, Jul 1894
Woman Burned To Death
Cincinnati, Aug. 1 – Mrs. LINGENFELTER, wife of Patrolman Jesse LINGENFELTER, was fatally burned Tuesday morning. The woman lived at 27 Harr street, and about 8 o’clock she took a bottle of gasoline and went to the bedroom and prepared to clean the bed with the fluid. In some manner she got the bottle too near to the gas jet, and the flames set fire to the oil, causing the bottle to explode with terrific force.
Portsmouth Daily Times, Portsmouth, OH 1 Aug 1894