123

East Liverpool, OH House Fire, Oct 1930

CHILDREN DIE IN HOME FIRE

EAST LIVERPOOL, O., Oct. 23--(AP)--Three children were burned to death and their parents and another child were injured in a fire that started in their home when the mother poured kerosene into a stove last night.

The dead: Anita, eight, Russell, seven, and Robert, five, were the children of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Keenan, who reside near here. The injured child is Edward Keenan, twelve.

Mrs. Keenan was pouring kerosene on a coal fire when an explosion occurred and burning oil was scattered over her and the four children. With her clothing in flames, the mother ran to the barn where Keenan was at work. He beat out the fire and rushed back to the house. He was unable to rescue the three younger children and they perished in the house. The older boy escaped with slight burns.

The woman was in a serious condition.

Reno Evening Gazette, Reno, NV 23 Oct 1930

123