Cincinnati, OH Chamber of Commerce Fire, Jan 1911
"The Chamber of Commerce building was erected in 1884 at the s. w. corner of Fourth and Vine. On January 10, 1911 a disastrous fire, that started as a grease fire in a clubroom kitchen on the top floor, quickly got out of control during a banquet. The flames quickly expanded to the timber framing of the massive roof. The construction of the floors above the second floors extremely high ceiling became the buildings undoing. The floors were suspended on steel trusses that, because of the high heat from the flames, gave way plunging all the floors to the basement. The only thing left standing was the masonry exterior walls."
Read articles (below) about the fire on January 10 & 11, 1911, that killed six men.