Sunbury, PA Hotel Fire, Jan 1914

Hotel On Fire Fire at Sunbury City Hotel, Sunbury, PA before the fire

HOTEL AT SUNBURY BURNED YESTERDAY.

OVERHEATED FURNACE CAUSE OF FIRE.

By Associated Press.
Sunbury, Jan. 14. -- The City hotel, the largest hotel in Sunbury and one of the largest in central Pennsylvania, was totally destroyed by fire today as a result of an overheated furnace. The loss is estimated at $125,000, partly covered by insurance.
JAMES LEESER, a fireman, was fatally injured fighting the flames.
The hotel was owned by DR. F. E. DRUMHELLER and CHARLES ROTHERMEL.

Titusville Herald Pennsylvania 1914-01-15