Coatesville, PA House Fire, May 1911

Fires Takes Lives

Three Burned in Pennsylvania,

Coatesville, Pa., May 21 - Three persons were burned to death early today in a fire that destroyed the home of Mr. and Mrs. W. H. SMALE at Cedar Knoll, three miles north of here. The victims were Mrs. William T. Davidson and her 4-year-old daughter, and James MCWILLIAMS, a visitor at the SMALE home.

Mrs. DAVIDSON, her husband and two children lived with the SMALE'S, who are her parents. Mr. DAVIDSON and a 5-year-old son received serious injuries when they jumped from a window. The cause of the fire was an exploding kerosene lamp.

The New York Times, New York, NY 22 May 1911

Comments

My Great-Grandparents

William H. Smale was my great grandfather. I have a copy of the local newspaper which is graphic in detail.