Providence, RI Lounge Explosion (Arson), Nov 1965

1 DEAD, 19 HURT.


Providence, R. I. (AP) -- Police today arrested three
youths in connection with the fire that swept through a crowded downtown lounge last night, killing one man and injuring 19 other persons.
VINCENT R. IACOBUCCI, 18, of Providence, was charged with statutory burning and murder. Police said two 16-year-olds arrested will be referred to family court.

Something Thrown.
"Something was thrown into the place, no question about that," said Providence Police Chief Howard A. Franklin.
He said the blaze that sent about 70 patrons scrambling for the exits was "definitely arson" and that "gasoline or something was thrown through a rear door."
Franklin identified the dead man as CARMINE SEPE, JR., 21, of Providence. Of the 19 persons taken to Providence hospitals, 10 were treated and released and nine were admitted for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. The nine were listed in fair condition.

Report Explosion.
Witnesses told police that they were dancing at Fiore's Lounge when there was an explosion followed by quickly spreading flames.
JOHN RAVO, 42, a bartender at the lounge, said
"It was impossible to try to put it out, the flames were everywhere." RAVO said he and the owner, VINCENT FIORE, 62, tried to help the patrons out before they ran from the burning building themselves.
Capt. John Eddy of the Providence police department said "it was a miracle more people weren't killed." Eddy said Fiore could give police no reason for the fire and that he had no idea why anyone would want to burn the lounge.
SEPE'S charred body was found near the door where the fire started. "Some witnesses said that SEPE tried to put the fire out," Eddy said.
VINCENT FIORE, JR., 30, the owner's son, said "all
I saw was a lot of fire." He was admitted to St. Joseph's Hospital suffering from second degree burns of the cars and smoke inhalation.
GEORGE CIPRIANO, 35, a customer, said "a girl yelled 'fire.' I turned around. The corner, it was all on fire. The flames began burning curtains along the wall. People started running."
Fiore's Lounge is on the first floor of a three-story building and the top two floors were vacant. Firemen got the blaze under control quickly.
A police guard blocked off the building throughout the night.

Nashua Telegraph New Hampshire 1965-11-27


I don't think so. i think it

I don't think so. i think it is the same guy.

Same name, different guy.

Same name, different guy.

Vinny Iacobucci?

Isn't he the bartender at Angelo's on Federal Hill?