Articles about the fire that destroyed the Dallas County Court House in Dallas, Texas on February 7, 1890.
In 1880 [the Dallas County Courthouse] building was partially destroyed by fire, the four walls being all that remained after the fire. The walls being good, another story was added, and the building presented a very beautiful appearance.
But again in 1890 this building was destroyed by fire, and nothing left but the charred and ruined walls of Dallas County's fourth Court House. It is fortunate for Dallas County that the records have been preserved. After the destruction of this house Dallas county decided to build a fine Court House, and the present structure is second to none in the state.
Sixty Years in Texas by George Jackson, 1908, pages 236-237