123

Taylor, Tx House Fire, Dec 1928

Home Burned Five in Peril

Escape Just Before Roof Falls In on House at Taylor.

Taylor, Texas, Dec. 25.-(AP).-Five persons barely escaped from the top floor of the S.E. Taylor home Christmas Eve, when the building was destroyed by fire. They are Mr. and Mrs. E.G. Drake and baby and Mr. and Mrs. H.E. Hudson.

The fire was discovered in the pantry on the first floor by Mr. Hudson and those on the upper floor scarcely had time to get from the building before the upper floor caved in. Damage to the building was estimated at $10,000.

Mr. and Mrs. Taylor, owners of the building, are visiting in Dallas.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 26 Dec 1928

123
123