123

Fort Worth, TX Barn Fire, Oct 1912

WOMAN SITS LANTERN ON BARN FLOOR, FIRE

Mrs. Bertha Teckmeyer Finds Meal for Chickens Is Costly.

When Mrs. Bertha Teckmeyer, 2701 Loving avenue, went out to her barn Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. to get some grain for her chickens, she placed a lighted lantern upon the barn floor.

Five minutes later firemen at station No. 12 saw flames leap into the air in the rear of the Teckmeyer residence. The barn was practically destroyed when they arrived.

"That lantern went up in a blaze all at once." said Mrs. Teckmeyer to Lieutenant Buchanan. "I guess it exploded."

Mrcs.[sic] Techmeyer[sic] estimates her damage at $100. A neighboring barn set afire was damaged to the extent of $50.

123
123