Dallas, TX House Fire, Dec 1908

OVERTURNS LAMP; HOUSE LOST.

Dog Leaps on Table, Explodes Follows and Home of George Brown Is Quickly Destroyed.

After supper last night George Brown, living on Spencer street in the Exline & Ellis addition in South Dallas, drew his chair up to the table to read about the earthquake in Italy. His little dog leaped upon the table and turned the lamp over, which exploded and set the house on fire.

The house was 4,000 feet from the nearest fire plug and the fire department was of no avail. The building was worth $800 and the household effects $200. Mr. Brown had $250 insurance.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 31 Dec 1908