123

San Benito, TX Girl Prevents House Fire, Aug 1925

Girl Carries Flaming Stove From Home, Thus Preventing House Fire

By The Associated Press.

SAN BENITO, Texas, Aug. 13.—Heroism of Jennie, 16 year old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. B. M. Young, saved the family home from flames here Thursday, but resulted in the girl receiving serious burns on the hands, arms, face and neck.

When a gasoline stove burst into flames she threw her arms around it, and with the assistance of her mother carried it into the yard.

Before going to a doctor for relief she assisted in extinguishing the flames which had spread to the walls of the kitchen.

The extent of her injuries has not been determined.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 14 Aug 1925

123
123