San Antonio, TX Stable Fire, Jun 1898

A STABLE FIRE

A stable at the residence of John J. Phillips, 1717 North Pine street, caught fire yesterday afternoon and an alarm was turned in at 4:20 o'clock from box 12. The Sunset Hose company was promptly on the scene. The stable was damaged to the extent of about $50 and the contents $25. The premises are owned by A. N. Gallaway. It is believed that the fire originated by cigarettes carelessly thrown away by small boys.

Mrs. J. M. Walsh, a neighbor, presented the members of the Sunset Hose company with a box of one hundred fine cigars in appreciation of their efforts in saving adjoining property.

San Antonio Light, San Antonio, TX 19 Jun 1898