Fort Worth, TX Fatal Gasoline Explosion, Jan 1912
Girl, 18, Burned In Explosion, Dies
Memorial Services Will Be Held Sunday for Miss Rhoda McDonald.
Injuries received Friday afternoon by the explosion of a pan of gasoline which had been placed on a hot stove, resulted in the death early Monday morning of MISS RHODA ELIZABETH MCDONALD, the 18-year-old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J.B. MCDONALD, 2306 West Twenty-sixth street.
The injured girl was terribly burned and in spite of the efforts of physicians to alleviate the pain, suffered intensely. Her parents are prostrated by the shock.
Miss MCDONALD was a recent graduate of the North Fort Worth High School. She was possessed of a remarkably attractive personality and was an accomplished musician. She was a member of the McKinley Avenue Methodist Church, treasurer of the Baraca class in the Sunday school and an enthusiastic worker in the church Epworth League. Besides her parents she is survived by two sisters, Mrs. E.E. Williams of Fort Worth, Miss Meta McDonald, and three brothers, Ray, Leon and John.
Funeral services will be held tonight at 8 oâ€™clock at the home, with Rev. J.E. Crawford, pastor of the McKinley Avenue Methodist Church, and Rev. D.A. McGuire officiating. The remains will be forwarded to Smithfield for interment and services held at the grave. Next Sunday afternoon a memorial service will be conducted at the McKinley Avenue Methodist church by the pastor, Rev. Dr. Crawford.
Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Fort Worth, TX 22 Jan 1912