Dallas, TX Tent Home Fire, Mar 1933

Gasoline Stove Spurts Flaming Stream on Baby As Tent Home Destroyed

Sprayed by flaming liquid, Edward Haley, 16 months old, was painfully burned about the legs and thighs when a gasoline stove exploded in the tent dwelling in which his family lives near the west end of the Commerce street viaduct.

Mrs. Lillian Haley, mother of the child, was outside of the tent. Hearing the screams of the baby, who lap helpless in a bed near the stove, she rescued him from probable death. The mother was burned about the arms and face. The tent and its furnishings were destroyed.

Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 14 Mar 1933