Lyndonville, VT Tarbell Block Fire, Feb 1910

Lyndonville VT fire 1909.jpg Lyndonville VT fire 1909 2.jpg Lyndonville VT hotel fire 1909.jpg

FLAMES IMPERIL SCORE OF LIVES

Aged Woman Carried Out of Burning Building, One Leaps From Window.

Lyndonville, Vt., Feb. 28.---The lives of a score of lodgers were threatened early this evening by a $25,000 fire that destroyed the Tarbell block on Depot street. Mrs. J. M. Caff, 73 years old, who had to be carried from an upper story, is in a critical condition tonight from suffocation and shock. Mrs. G. B. Allyn, who leaped from the second story, is suffering from a badly sprained wrist.

The block, built in 1894, was a three-story wooden structure, owned by G. B. Allyn. The first floor was given over to the millinery parlor, of Mrs. H. D[ineligible], the photographic establishment [illegible] [illegible]bert H. Hofford and the fur[illegible] of G. E. Allyn & Co., whe[illegible] started.

The Boston Journal, Boston, MA 1 Mar 1910