Washburn, WI Dynamite Plant Fire, Jul 1905


Washburn, Wis., July 29.---The dope house at the Atlantic Manufacturing company's plant, which is located about four miles from this city, was destroyed by fire this afternoon. The building is a three-story structure and was used for the mixing of dynamite for the entire plant. One of the workmen had a narrow escape, being on the third floor of the building when the fire started. He made his way out by breaking open a door. The fire started from spontaneous combustion.

Grand Forks Daily Herald, Grand Forks, ND 30 Jul 1905