Madison, WI Fire Burns Part Of Madison Club, Jan 1887

FIRE AT MADISON.

A CLUB ROOM AND BUILDING BADLY DAMAGED.

Madison, Wis., Jan. 4 -- Early this morning fire gutted the building occupied by the Madison Club ruining $2,000 worth of furniture and damaging the building to the extent of $4,200. The latter is owned by J. D. GURNEE who has $5,000 insurance in the Williamsburg City Company of New York. The furniture was insured for $1,000 in the Westchester of New York. The fire orginated near the furnace.

Oshkosh Daily Northwestern Wisconsin 1887-01-04