Norwalk, CT Fires, Nov 1956

FIREMEN EXTINGUISH TWO NORWALK BLAZES

NORWALK, Nov. 26--Firemen were called to extinguish two fires yesterday afternoon.

A space heater in the home of Edward Murphy, 47 Smith street overflowed at 3:50 p.m. and the oil ignited, scorching a wall and burned a hole in a rug. Firemen were at the scene 22 minutes.

A house trailer owned by Lyle Smith and parked off Connecticut avenue, was damaged when a smoke pipe leading from the heating system became overheated and ignited the ceiling at 3:15 p.m. Firemen were a the scene 40 minutes.

The Bridgeport Post, Bridgeport, CT 26 Nov 1956