Coston Run, PA Children Play With Dynamite, Nov 1890
Children Play with Dynamite.
MAHANOY CITY, Pa., Nov. 25.---While Mrs. Elias Kehl, of Coston Run, was attending to her household duties an explosion occurred in the kitchen. The shock almost threw her to the floor, and when she went to ascertain the reason she found her 4-year-old child lying on the floor. Its right hand was almost blown off, and its face badly injured. An older child was also badly cut about the face and hands. The children had been playing about the house and had found a piece of dynamite used in mining, and the youngest placed it in the grate of the stove, with the above result. The child will hardly recover.
Indiana Gazette, Indiana, PA 27 Nov 1890