Beaumont, TX Boarding House Fire, Aug 1879

BEAUMONT, Aug 6. -- At 2 o'clock this morning, a fire broke out in the kitchen of J. J. P. Stroziorn's [?] boarding -house, and within a short time, during which the inmates had rescued most of their effects, the house was entirely wrapped in flames and the fire had spread to the adjoining buildings, occupied by C. C. Cauwell [?] as a store [?] on the south, and D. Gordon, provision dealer, on the north, both of which were destroyed. The loss of the parties can not be stated as the amount of invoice is unknown.

Galveston Weekly News, Galveston, TX 14 Aug 1879